Filing a Claim After Being Injured in a Motor Accident

Injuries that are sustained because of an auto accident can be immediately problematic or the repercussions can be delayed. However, whether the full impact of the accident is made known immediately or not, speaking with a motor accident attorney and taking action as soon as possible is essential.

Filing a Claim

Unlike other places, Australia is bit different when it comes to being compensated after an automobile accident. For example, when someone has been injured in a motor accident or if a person has experience major property loss, the injured party will file a claim against the Insurance Commission of Western Australia. Unlike other countries, an injured party will not be able to file a personal injury suit against the negligent driver. All claims will be negotiated and settled by the ICWA.

Legal Services

If a person feels compelled to file a claim, they may need to the help of a legal firm. An attorney can represent an injured person in meetings and claims negotiation with the ICWA. In most instances, these claims can be settled without going to court. However, there are instances where the level of injuries and the significance of the claim may mean that the case will likely head to court.

Who Will Pay the Legal Fees

Some people in these situations will worry about legal fees. While a person could incur some legal fees, in most instances, the legal fees a person has amassed will often be covered by the insurer if a person is successful in their claim. In addition, even if the signs of significant injury stemming from an auto accident are delayed, a person will still have up to 3 years to file a claim.

Being involved in an auto accident is never a small matter, especially if injuries occurred as a result of another person’s negligence. However, if you have been involved in an accident and that accident has left you mildly or significantly injured, you may need to file a claim against the ICWA. In order to do this and to make sure that you have adequate legal representation, you will need to consider hiring an attorney. To learn about this particular situation, you can read more here.